Thursday, November 26, 2015

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: On Your Feet

Last year, On The Town started a cool trend by starting off the parade broadcast with a performance.  This year, that honor went to the new Latin pop musical On Your Feet (the story of Gloria Estevan), who performed a fun medley of several songs.  While I'm not a huge fan of Latin pop music so I don't foresee being a big fan of the show, I thought the performance was great!  It was a good, high energy way to start the show, they did a good job of featuring several characters (or at least several soloists), and the dancing was cool too!  I get the feeling that the target audience they were going for is not Broadway enthusiasts like me, so I understand why they didn't chose a song that told the story or carried the plot or anything, if I was a person who just liked to see cool Latin music, this performance would definitely make me want to buy tickets!  Well done On Your Feet!


No comments:

Post a Comment