Thursday, November 26, 2015

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parde: Finding Neverland

Finding Neverland, is an interesting case, it's kind of the Broadway show that refused to believe they weren't the best.  Like, when it was being pitched, it was expected to be stellar, then it came out, got mixed reviews and no Tony Nominations, but it's as if nobody told them, for they kept going and are still grossing high on Broadway!  I think this performance is one of the reasons they've been able to be so successful.  Now, I'll be the first to admit that I had to stifle a laugh when I heard Matthew Morison's accent, but, that being said, he did give a good performance.  This song did a great job of blending the two aspects of the great previous performances (family fun and high energy) and was an excellent example of why this show is still kicking.  I loved the song choice (I know they've performed it on talk shows before, but I appreciated it not being the one they did on the Tony's).  All in all, I think it was the best performance of the Morning so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment