Thursday, November 26, 2015

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: The King and I

Friends of mine (or anybody who listens to me when I rant), knows that I'm not a big fan of Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals, so The King and I is nothing special to me.  That being said, this new revival has done a really good job and I'm glad it's been successful.  This year, the producers were smart by putting all of their best feet forward (Cute kids, gorgeous costumes, and Kelli O'Hara being brilliant) with their performance of "Getting to Know You."  It was a kind of boring performance, but a sweet one.  It definite contrasted On Your Feet, the energy dropped a lot, but you know, that might be ok.  Like I said, it's a cute song, so if they were targeting the familys (who are probably the ones watching), it's a nice calm talented number.  And for a long running Rodgers and Hammerstein show, that's not a bad route to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment