Thursday, November 26, 2015

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Fiddler On The Roof

Again, I'm not a huge fan of Fiddler in general, and I don't know if I'm glad that this revival is existing, but I have to admit that this was a good performance.  They highlighted their big star (Danny Burnstein, who seems to have become Broadway's quintessential old Jewish guy, and I've no doubt that this revival was created with him in mind), used a well known song from the show (my grandmother even commented on how she was a fan of this song), and it was a good high energy dance number.  This was also my first time seeing anything from this new revival, and it was interesting.  The costumes and such were a little abnormal from what I saw (more modern than I was expecting) but it looks like they may be doing some cool things with this revival.  Again, I think this performance (and maybe this whole revival) is aimed at Broadway buffs who remember loving the original show, and this performance did get me in the "Fiddler Spirit."  I still don't plan on enjoying the revival, but if I was the kind of person who was, then I think I'd be very pleased with this performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment