Thursday, November 22, 2018

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Opening Number

There have been a couple of ups and downs with the opening numbers over the past couple of years. However, I think we can all agree that the Broadway themed ones have been the best. This year they did a good job in centering around Luca Padovan (who it took me forever to recognize but I finally got there. He's the little boy who wants to be the fashion designer in The School of Rock on Broadway). He was spectacular and reminded us all why kids are killing it on Broadway these years! The song itself (Don't Rain on My Parade from Funny Girl) is kinda "eh" for me, but it's delightful when Luca does it. It wasn't particularly special, but it was a nice "loveletter to new york" type of thing which I think is a good way to start it. So yeah, it didn't blow my socks off, but it was pleasant, and I would say a great way to start the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment