Thursday, November 22, 2018

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Mean Girls

I might be in the minority, but I honestly really liked the Mean Girls musical (even if it did set a record for the most Tony Award nominations without a win). To be fair I wasn't super attached to the source material and I set the bar pretty low on movie adaptations, but I think the show does a good job at being distinct from the movie while still keeping some of the big memorable moments. The producers have done a pretty good job of showing us a variety of songs from the show between this, the Tony's, and the talk shows, so I was excited to see if this continued that trend, and as far as I'm concerned it delivers!



There are plenty of good group numbers in Mean Girls, but Fearless is honestly one of my favorites. To be honest, I'm not sure how well it fits in the context of the show, but it's fun to listen to! I was a bit bummed not to see Kyle Selig or Taylor Louderman, but the cast that we did see killed it. The choreography is a little trite in my opinion (I think I remember a review that talked about how many cafeteria group numbers we're seeing in musicals set in high schools and now I can't see anything else), but aside from that, no complaints. I'll maintain that this is a fun show and I think this performance was a great choice for them! Wonderful close to this year's parade performances!

No comments:

Post a Comment