Thursday, November 22, 2012

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Once

As soon as we heard that Once was performing on the Parade, the first thing my sister said was: "I bet they do 'The North Strand' and 'Falling Slowly'".  Of course, I said that this was ridiculous seeing as the songs don't blend together at all and it'd make no sense out of nowhere.  Needless to say, as soon as the song started I sat humbly as my sister gloated relentlessly.  However, once I looked past my shame I really enjoyed the performance.  Those are two of my favorite songs in the show, and it was nice to see the ensemble do more together in "The North Strand".  I couldn't be more happy that this show is still running on Broadway with much of the original cast and doing really well (I think it recently broke, or at least neared a record for fastest recouping).  It's really a great show with some really great stars, so I wasn't at all surprised that they had a great performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment