Thursday, November 22, 2012

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Annie

I wasn't particularly excited about seeing Annie perform because all the show clips that I saw were kind of lack luster ("they lacked.....luster").  However, I really enjoyed this performance.  They did something really smart in choosing a song that nobody's ever heard before (I would've been a bit disappointed if they went for "Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile").  Of course, I've loved Anthony Warlow ever since his work in Jekyll & Hyde, and I thought that he was really great it this.  He actually has a pretty cool story (he lost his hair from chemo, and he's been playing "daddy Warbucks" at regional theaters ever sense).  I thought the performance was good, The children's ensemble wasn't the best I've seen, but it was strong.  It was a bit weird having Hannigan and the rest of the villains come out of nowhere, but I guess it's worth trying to get as many people as possible in the Parade performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment