Thursday, November 22, 2012

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Elf

So since it went so well last year, I am once again participating in a live blog.  The first show to perform this year was Elf.  Now I was surprised because Elf performed last year, but this is a completely different cast, and possibly even re-imagined version.  So in many senses, it's kind of a different show.  If nothing else, the actor who played Buddy looked....well....different than he's supposed to.  Aside from that the cast looked strong enough.  As for the performance, the cast performed "The Story of Buddy The Elf".  It wasn't as good as last year's song "Sparklejollytwinklejingley", mostly because it was just kind of low energy.  I suppose they did a good job, and I probably shouldn't expect too much from a show like Elf, but it just seemed way to cliche.  I honestly don't know why the show came back to Broadway after it's year long hiatus, and I really don't know why they asked them to perform on the Parade instead of the other huge Christmas show this year "The Christmas Story".  So if it were me I wouldn't suggested a higher energy dance number, but I am glad they did a different song than last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment