Thursday, November 22, 2012

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Cinderella

Even though I hate Rogers and Hammerstein, I really like Laura Osnes [Tony Nominated for Bonnie & Clyde] and Santino Fontana [Who I know from his work on the web-series "Submissions Only"].  I actually loved this performance so much that I forgot it was Rogers & Hammerstein!  This was definitely the best performance so far.  Both of the leads were excellent.  And the songs, didn't sound modern, but did sound really natural and not near as over the top as R & H's shows tend to be.  The songs they performed ("Impossible, It's Possible", and "Ten Minutes Ago I Saw You") were fun, and relatively energetic.  It was definitely a great idea to let Cinderella do two songs (one in rags and one in a gown).  If the rest of the show is on par with this performance, then it might be on it's way to my favorite Rogers & Hammerstein show (which isn't saying a lot, but it's something).  I also think it's cool that Newsies started something, so they're now doing Parade performances of shows that haven't opened yet.  I hope they do this every year, because it's really cool to see these things before the Broadway stage does.


No comments:

Post a Comment