Thursday, November 26, 2020

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Ain't Too Proud - The Life and Times of the Temptations

Remember when I said I'm softening on Jukebox musicals? That doesn't include biomusicals like this. I still don't care. I don't care about the new Tina Turner musical. I don't care about the old Four Seasons Musical. And I don't care about this Temptations musical. To be fair, I recognize that this show isn't for me and several people I know (including my dearest father, oh delight of my eyes) are kind of into it.
In the same way where I thought Jagged Little Pill's performance had good content but perhaps some poor execution, while I don't care for this content, you have to give them props on execution. These men are definitely talented vocalists and dancers. It was fun to see the new castmembers, but in a group that's so definied by their synchronicity, it's hard to see if there were any new choices or if any of them were doing anything more than an impression. This is another one that I would say wasn't particularly well served by the outdoor venue, but it also wasn't too bad, because really all you need to see is those fellas. I don't know, to be perfectly honest, I can't have too many strong feelings about this one. It was...fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment