Thursday, November 26, 2020

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: 2020 Opening Number

So, there's been a trend in the past couple of years for the opening number to use Broadway casts/performers as their opening number. That trend broke this year and I'm not sure how I feel about it. In general, I'm supportive. It's not as good as Luca Padovan's number a few years back, but it is better than just using one of the Broadway casts to do a song from their own show. I appreciate the originality, but I continue to be surprised that somehow nobody has told Jimmy Fallon that he can't sing.
While I don't love Jimmy Fallon and the Roots, I thought this performance was alright. The concept was cute and he had the energy to start the parade in the rain and you have to give him that. I thought the dancing was kind of fun, the song choice was fine, and it did make me smile, so all in all, I'm supportive of this year's opening. Mostly, I'm just really supportive of a parade happening. I was really worried it wasn't going to happen this year and I am supremely thankful for the hard working men and women up there who are working so hard to keep those performers safe and keep us entertained.This has been a tough year, but I truly think it's going to be a great parade. I'm very happy and very thankful for this parade and looking forward to all of these performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment