Thursday, November 24, 2022

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Six

I don't expect there's anyone who stumbles onto this blog who hasn't already heard my take on Six the musical, but I don't have anything else to say about it so here it is again. The music: Spectacular. Catchy melodies, witty lyrics, fun takes, truly excellently written songs with very few "skip tracks." That being said, does it belong on Broadway? No, no it does not. It deserves to win the fringe festival it was written for, it deserves to have a great run on a cruise ship or in a theme park, and I don't even hate the idea of it touring in the way that concerts tour. But nobody will ever convince me that it has a place on Broadway. Thank you for coming (back) to my Ted Talk.
As for what I have to say about this performance, you can basically just read last year's post. They sang the same medly, about half of the women were new and that was fun I suppose, and they all continue to be very talented ladies singing a very good song. If anyone hasn't seen this show yet, this song will give them a great idea of what to expect and I know that's what these performances are meant to do. But for those of us who have seen any of their promotional performances already...it's nothing revolutionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment