Thursday, November 24, 2022

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: A Beautiful Noise

I've been hearing a lot about this show for a long time because it's produced by Mr. Ken Davenport who has an excellent (although, I admit, increasingly less excellent) blog about all of his theatrical goings on. Personally, I could not be less interested in a Niel Diamond Jukebox musical, but but when it was announced, my dad, mom, and grandma all perked up a little, which I guess was entirely the point.
The performance was underwhelming for me. The costumings were relatively uninspired, the dancing honestly seemed a little sloppy to me, and Will Swenson was doing his best strutting around pretending to play the guitar, but it didn't quite capture my attention entirely. That being said, if history holds, it'll be marvelously successful, Will swenson will win the Tony for Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical, and it will sell out to tourists for years to come. And I guess, good for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment