Thursday, November 24, 2022

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Some Like It Hot

I'll be honest, I was worried about this show. Like many folks, I'm not a huge fan of the recent trend of taking my favorite comedic broadway actors in dresses to be laughed at (looking at you rob McClure & Santino Fontana), so I was a little worried about Christain Borle joining their ranks. However, everything I've heard says that this show is pretty good. The book is updated and the songs are catchy and the cast is doing a great job! I still don't anticipate it being my favorite show of the season, but I'm excited for what it does have to offer and was glad to see a number from it!
I'll be honest, I'm bummed that Mr. Borle wasn't present for this performance (not entirely sure why), but the rest of the cast did great! Loved the tappin', enjoyed the singing, and thought the whole vibe was pretty good. I guess I was expecting something a little...wackier from this show? This was super classy and super classic, but maybe that was intentional and is the branding they're loking for? It's not necessarily something that would draw me to the show, but I suppose the target audience would be people who are familiar with the movie and this would get them interested. So, not for me necessarily, but I suppose good on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment