Thursday, November 27, 2014

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: The Last Ship

To be perfectly honest, this has been my favorite performance thus far, which is surprising because, in general, I don't like this show as much as I like "Gentleman's Guide", "On the Town", etc.  But they did it right. They chose a GOOD song that utilized the entire cast, was really catchy, and showed a lot of the themes of the show (i.e. drunken Scottish shipbuilders).  While I'll admit that a lot of the lyrics were repetitive and the dancing was a little adelescent, I still thoroughly enjoyed the performance, I liked the choice, it definitely made me want to finally look into the show (I've been meaning to for forever).  While "Sting" isn't a big draw for me, he hasn't been the determent that I thought he might be *cough U2 cough*.  All in all, really great performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment