Thursday, November 27, 2014

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Honeymoon in Vegas

The second performance of the morning was Jason Robert Brown's new musical Honeymoon in Vegas.  This is a show that I've been vaguely excited about since it was announced (but not enough to do a lot of research) so I was familiar with the cast and the plot-line, but hadn't heard very much of the actual music before.  That being said, I thought the song was a nice one.  Personally, I would've liked for them to choose a more "Rob McClure-centric" song (that guy is HILARIOUS and needs to be featured every time he's even in the room).  That being said, a good rule of thumb is that on the parade you need to do a song that's indicative of the show, features the whole cast, and is "dancy".  And since this followed all of those rules, so I can't really complain.  The performance itself was cheesy, but that's what the show is, so that's what it should've been.  All in all, I enjoyed it, and it did make me want to learn more about the show.  Which, really is the goal!  Well done Honeymoon in Vegas :)


No comments:

Post a Comment