Thursday, November 23, 2023

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Shucked

I think Shucked is very fun. I enjoy the silly shows, I like how clever the jokes are, and there are moments that are legitimately heartfelt. I know this show is closing soon, which is fair, but kind of sad. For that reason, I'm a little suprised that it's performing, but not dissapointed. I really hope this show gets a solid end of its run and I'm excited to see all the regional productions that are coming, and I'm excited that they got to perform here!
I'll be honest, I was a little worried when floats and bands started crossing before the Broadway performances were done. I was stressed that I had heard it wrong or maybe we weren't atually going to get Shucked. But then, when I heard that music while seeing "The JGG" behind them, I got super excited! And truly, that opening was inspired. If any show was going to sell out and be a comercial, this is a great show to do it. I loved the original jokes/lyrics at the beginning (It's no Beetlejuice, but it's a astart), I liked the medley of song choices, I like the topical food related content, across the board, this is my favorite performance yet. Good work team.

No comments:

Post a Comment