Thursday, November 24, 2011

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Newsies

So, this is my first attempt of a live blog.  So it's very possible that these will be kind of short because I'm not going to have a whole lot of time to write each one.  So let's start things off with NEWSIES performance of King of New York.  First off just let me say that I am SO glad that this is coming to Broadway, and it's just icing on the cake that they got to perform on the Parade!  THEY WERE AMAZING (I love the song choice)!  I was a bit taken aback by them changing the reporter to a girl.  I did know that there was going to be a female reporter in the show, but I thought that that was in addition, not instead of.  But even that isn't necessarily bad, I'm excited to see how they play with that.  I loved the performance, it wasn't that much better than the movie version, but the very fact that they can recreate that on stage is still pretty awesome.  I was excited to see Ryan Breslin (brother to Abigail and Spencer Breslin) performing as Racetrack.  He did really good.  I love the great energy of the group and I hope and pray that the show will be a massive hit!  I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO BE FREAKISHLY SUCCESSFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment