Thursday, November 23, 2017

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: Anastasia

So the one thing I've heard about Anastasia is that it has beautiful costumes, and let me tell you, it did not disappoint.  Those clothes were gorgeous! As for the song...I can't say I'm a fan. I would've liked to have seen a more energetic group number, but I understand why they wanted to do what are probably the most beloved songs from the movie.  But that still doesn't excuse using a solo as a Macy's number.  The song was nice, and I suppose they were targeting the "little princesses" in the audience who would be drawn to a royal ball such as this, but I felt a little underwhelmed by it all.  I would have appreciated it if they had utilized Derek Klena or Ramin Karimloo (or whoever has taken over his role if he's already gone).  This venue doesn't allow you to really get immersed in the world, so I think (generally) it's safer to go "fun" than "beautiful."




No comments:

Post a Comment